I had the pleasure and honor of being interviewed yesterday by the fabulous Miss Lilycat on Pirate Cat Radio about blogging and gender — two very different topics which somehow blended together nicely. The interview was two hours long, interspersed with some music, distractions, and other neat stuff. With Lilycat’s permission, I’ve edited it down for you into easier-to-digest segments:
Interview on Pirate Cat Radio: Segments
- Part 1 (15 minutes) – Overview of my blogs, discussion about Twitter, Internet karma
- Part 2 (21 minutes) – My history with blogging, my history with poetry, privacy and secrets on the web, my gender identity
- Part 3 (18 minutes) – Transgender issues, my sexuality, gender in the media, “hitting bottom”, pronouns and etiquette with genderqueer people
- Part 4 (4 minutes) – Gender fetish, queer community, Genderfork.com, “My mom is awesome”
- Part 5 (6 minutes) – Wrapping up: “Relax about gender and go get yourself a blog.”
And while I’m still using my fifteen minutes of identity politics fame, I should mention I was also interviewed recently by Dr. Karen Rayne about my experience growing up as queer. Please take a look at Part 1 and Part 2. Then share Dr. Karen’s blog with everyone you know who is raising a teenager. It’s an excellent resource for perspective.